MB D80 Errors
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 16
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Exclamation MB D80 Errors

I just got my mb d80 grip today, and it quite frequently the camera gives me errors! It sometimes says "F--" or "ERR" or "OFF". Anyone else having this issue? Please help.

Old 12-26-2007   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32
Default Re: MB D80 Errors

This may or may not fix the problem but sometimes I really have to push or screw the battery pack to the main body of the camera via the flat plastic screw knob between the battery pack and the camera. If mine starts to get even remotely disconnected my camera will go bonkers and give me an error message. I was doing a wedding one time and my camera was blinking on and off and then I realized through the course of the day this flat screw knob was slowly unscrewing itself. Does the manual give any troubleshooting tips? ....can't remember if mine came with one or not....? Just another thought...I also got this message when I changed lens and didn't have the aperature ring "locked" into place on one of my particular lenses. Hopefully somebody else will chime in here also.
AJW390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #3
Guanaco

Thanks for the tips .when it give the f-- if I fiddle with the lens it goes away, but last night the "err" wouldn't go away no matter what I tried even when I removed the grip , battery everything, so I put the grip back on, pushed the shutter, it took a picture then the "err" went away. None of the errors have came up since so far, (knock on wood).
I'll have to check the manual when I get home.
eClix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 210
Editing OK?: Yes

I had this happen once and it turned out to be my fault. I wasnt putting the aperture ring to the extreme where it needed to be.

gene
generic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #5
Guanaco

That's the thing the ring is in the proper position. "ERR" is the most common one though haha. I'm tried my 50 1.4 on it now, I'll see what happens, if it works fine for a week I guess I'll know it's not the camera or grip. It's just wierd that almost as soon as I started using the grip the errors started.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: