All Nikon people taking pictures?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default All Nikon people taking pictures?

Not starting a flame war or nothing, but did you Nikon folks know that the Fuji DSLR forum has 1 more post than this one, as I write this? Well, actually when I save this, you all will be tied, but surely you all have something to talk about right? How about talk about how crummy the competitions cameras are

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Default Re: All Nikon people taking pictures?

Taking pictures, yes, when my cameras are not in the service centre waiting to be repaired!
Brenda Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

What cameras are they, and what is the problem?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12

Of course we are taking pictures! It is the best time of the year (from nature photographer's point of view). You can look for brand and equipment wars when the winter arrives
Old 10-11-2005   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 25

I would rather talk about photo techniques and take photos rather than talk about my gear but that's just me...

Neil V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #6
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 32

My d70 has been busy this summer. I've been shooting mostly with a Nikon 24-120VR, a Nikon 50f1.8 and a Nikon 70-300 ED along with a nikon sb-800 wireless flash (very cool). I've also been playing around with raw converters (including iPhoto on the mac) and tone curves (http://www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx). I can't recall a feature I needed that wasn't in the d70 menu settings somewhere so there hasn't been much need for questions like "how do I do this with the d70?"

Is nikon going to come out with a response to the canon 5d?

Myself I'm thinking about getting a film body that can use my nikon-mount film lenses. I keep reading about films like Velvia and it sounds like it would be fun to try them. And some folks still say they prefer the look of film (and recently I got a record player and have really been enjoying the sound of records even on a cheap little record player).
Old 10-12-2005   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 14

I have mostly stopped coming here for that reason - no discussion. Yes I take pictures, some good and a lot bad, but that is the benefit of digital as opposed to film. We can get rid of the bad ones. My D70 has a strange problem in that the ISO rating seems to change on a whim, so I confine most of my shooting now to the D2X, but yes - I still take pictures. I am sure that I am not alone though in finding the D2X one very difficult camera to master.
24-heures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #8
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 7917
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartcons
Is nikon going to come out with a response to the canon 5d?
Nikon execs have issued statements to the effect that the corporation is committed to the APS sized sensor, which means a 1.5X crop factor.* If the Canon 5d is a huge success, I'd imagine Nikon would follow, but given their design cycle, coming up with a full frame dslr could take years.

The more pressing issue just now is how Nikon will counter the Canon 20D... a high end prosumer dslr.* We've been waiting forever for an official announcement of the d200, which should fit between the d50/70 and the d2h/d2x.* Some Euro press have rumored it will be announced in November and ship by the end of the year, but based on Nikon's historical pattern, I'd expect at least a 3 month lag between announcement and the beginning of shipments.
AF Primes: 35/1.8DX, 60/2.8G, 85/1.4, 180/2.8
MF Primes: 20/3.5UD, 28/3.5K, CV40/2, 105/2.5
Zooms: 24-120/4VR, 70-300VR
M4/3 System: Oly e-pl2, 14-42mm, 20/1.7
Uncle Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #9
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-heures
My D70 has a strange problem in that the ISO rating seems to change on a whim, so I confine most of my shooting now to the D2X, but yes - I still take pictures.
Presumably you've already checked this but the d70 does have an auto-iso setting (pg. 142 in the manual) which gives the camera permission to change the iso willy-nilly. I general have this set to off (and the iso set to 200 which I believe is the lowest setting) unless I'm in a dark place and want to give the camera permission to raise ISO as needed so I don't have to constantly fiddle with it. With auto-ISO set to off I don't recall seeing a strange ISO value but maybe your particular camera has some sort of gremlin.

Old 10-23-2005   #10
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 9684
Editing OK?: Yes

That is why we do not have time to sit here writing messages.

Maybe you should consider taking more pictures yourself, hehehehe.

------------------------------
Svalöv, Sweden
riha is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: