Body of nikon not reading lens.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 90079
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Body of nikon not reading lens.

I was not sure where to put this thread, Sinse i'm talking about a Nikon body but Tamron lens.

I bought A tamron 500-1000mm lens from amazon, It was highly rated and on sale for cyber Monday. The issue i'm having is that the D3200 will not read that the lens is attached to the body. This is with the adapter on and locked.

All google searches have given zero helpful info so I'm asking here. It did say on the info page off to the side which cameras it works for, Mine was listed.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 501383
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Body of nikon not reading lens.

I believe this is normal with many non-Nikon lenses unless the mode dial is set to M for manual.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: