first time Z7 at Night
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1405787
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default first time Z7 at Night

Well, I finally shot it side by side with my D850. First of all the screen is not what you see is what you get. It looks about 1 stop brighter then what comes out when you put it on the computer and maybe a stop and a half. It might be a setting so I will look. I bought it to shoot at night with continuous lighting. It does ok but I but the focus is not as fast. That said the output of the z7 and the D850 at 800 ISO looks about the same. I need to work with it some more before I have final impressions but it was lighter and the kit lens was ok and pretty sharp. I am going to try it some more this weekend I believe so I will try it again. I had only a short time to get the shots as I needed to make sure I got them with the one camera I knew how to use.

Colleen-20181010DSC_0064.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Colleen-20181010DSC_0052.jpg by Tins Pics, on Flickr

Some Nice Glass
John
Tinstafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2650093
Default Re: first time Z7 at Night

Nice, John. Eager to see more of your night images.
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 290264

As to the exposure...this is just a Levels adjustment. I used the Histogram to adjust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adj.jpg (203.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1405787

Yes I could do it that way too but I posted these at what the camera caught. I also shot it the same settings with my 850,and they were brighter. Interesting. I want to do it again this week both side by side

Some Nice Glass
John
Tinstafl is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: