Nikon new mirrorless Z series cameras/lenses - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6967624
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Nikon new mirrorless Z series cameras/lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
No, their website says it is under development. Manual focus only, so they may save in build cost without a motor.
I meant you might go

Rumor has it at near $6000.... and it is manual focus only. That is

To me anyway. Be nice to have it and shoot with it, but not to carry around and pay for....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679

I'll stick with my (Canon) 50 mm f/1.4 STM, which works well enough, is a lot cheaper, and is still fairly sharp at full aperture.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Administrator

Yeah.... not sure one needs f/0.95 really. Kind of like a macro without being a macro. Razor thin DOF

Old 6 Days Ago   #14
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1461679

Even worse, lenses that open up this wide frequently have mediocre to poor image quality wide open and may also have enough focus shift when moderately stopped down to produce fuzzy images when focused wide open, then stopped down for shooting.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 375005
Editing OK?: Yes

One dealer told the professional photographers waited for a long time income of the Nikon mirrorless cameras. They became disappointed with the single-card. Sony has lift its sales enormously instead.
rnyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Hours Ago   #16
Administrator

Lots of people are disappointed with one card slot... and Canon came right after that with one.

I have wondered about people who have 2 in their camera, if they really do a redundant backup, or do RAW on one and JPG on the other. The newer card devices and SD type are supposed to be much more bullet proof, and I have still not heard of any film camera that had a redundant or simultaneous film slot...

Not sure Nikon or Canon cared about getting all the Pros to slide over to mirrorless. I think they wanted them to have an option, and they do. The Nikon or Canon pro can use a very like/familiar camera when not being pro, and use similar or the same lenses they use professionally. I also doubt that since Nikon and Canon announced their mirrorless that Sony sales lifted enormously. If you are a Nikon or Canon shooter, and you were waiting, and then they were announced, I doubt you jumped all in to the Sony camp. Camera wise, there is little difference in them overall. Lens is a different story. Sony has a lot of "native" while Nikon and Canon are limited out of the gate, but have adapters that work to use the legacy stuff they have. I don't see Sony as having some great thing now.

They should all wonder about Panasonic though. Could be interesting to see what the marriage of Panasonic, Leica, and Sigma bring in the full frame world... Panasonic set to announce 2 bodies and Leica already have 1, so interesting times in FF land.

Old 15 Hours Ago   #17
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

On a lot of the two slot cameras, if one slot fails as a result of the a failure in camera hardware or electronics, the other slot also will fail. My understanding is that most cameras connect their two slots to a single write module, and if there’s an issue with the module, both slots simultaneously stop working.

Now, if the card itself fails or you bend the pins on a CF card slot, that’s a different story.

The only camera I’ve owned that had one slot fail while the other kept working was my old Nikon D3.

I do know one professional photographer who went Sony after looking at the Nikon and Canon offerings, but most have stuck with the brands they’re already using. If anything, I know at least one longtime Canon EOS user migrating to the Nikon Z.

As for Panasonic, even if their camera is incredible, their customer service, support, and dealer network in the US is so poor I wouldn’t touch their cameras in a professional setting. Aside from speed of service, they’re worse than Leica...

Once you get burned once...

cyclohexane is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: