Pulled the trigger on the D300s
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 818
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Pulled the trigger on the D300s

Well, after much thought, comparisons and consideration, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the D300s this morning. I'm upgrading from a D200, which I love and has served me well. I chose the D300s over the D700 for two main reasons - 1) the price and more importantly, 2) I'm heavily invested in DX lenses. I'm not all that excited about the 'video' aspects of the D300s, but I was looking for lower High ISO noise, improved autofocus tracking and I think I will get a lot of use out of the dual card slots that the D300s offers. I hope to put some pictures up soon after it arrives.

The only drawback that I have read about and seen personally, is in the MB-D10 battery pack/grip - one battery in the pack, one battery in the camera; you have to *remove* the grip in order to replace/access both batteries. I haven't ordered the grip yet - I'll see how well I can live without it. Although, I must admit I really love the grip on my D200.

Scott

Old 05-06-2010   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Pulled the trigger on the D300s

Quote:
you have to *remove* the grip in order to replace/access both batteries.
Just use one battery in the grip, and leave the camera's original battery compartment empty. The battery life is so good compared to the D200, even with just the one EN-EL3e battery in the grip, that you won't really need the two batteries in the camera at the same time that often.
Old 05-06-2010   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 1930
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Pulled the trigger on the D300s

You can actually chose which battery it uses first (custom setting menu->D11) so if you use the grip battery first then replace it when you get a chance chances are you will never need to replace the battery that is in the body.

nomorspam is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Nikon »

Share this topic: