On vacation - part three
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 19805
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default On vacation - part three

When you are looking for wildlife in Florida where should you go? Disney World? Yeah, right? Actually that is the way it turned out. While walking out of Disney's Animal Kingdom, my daughter stumbled on something in the (very dark) walkway approaching the exit. It slithered over to the edge and disappeared into a flower bed but not before I snapped this picture.

When she was a small child, my daughter was walking down a leaf covered path in Maryland kicking up leaves as a 6 year old might do. We saw a Rough Greensnake fly through the air accidentally launched by the kick. Now her trained feet found a beautiful Red Rat (aka Corn) snake. I can't help wondering at the pure luck Disney had here. Some people might be a little upset kicking a snake in the path but they found a veteran snake kicker. No one screamed and no stampede ensued but we sure got some odd looks from a few people. I took many pictures on our week in Florida (posted in other Camel threads of this series) but this one will always be a little special.

http://photocamel.com/forum/portrait...-part-one.html
http://photocamel.com/forum/portrait...-part-two.html

dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: On vacation - part three

If I was right behind you all, there would have been a stampede, veteran snake kicker or not.

A good image and kind of lucky to get it I guess. Sounds like the vacation was fun too.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife »

Share this topic: