Gaur
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2019   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44269403
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Gaur

Posting this but without any expectation of a comment or reply. Asked the moderator to remove a thread which has no images several days ago but the thread is still there. It appears that the moderator does not look at the forum let alone moderating it. I thought one duty of the moderator is to post a comment, good or bad, if nobody else did so after several days. Several of my posts went without a reply. Well, shall see what happens with this post & then shall decide whether to post in this forum again. It may be useful to have more than one moderator as in the Bird Forum where at least one of the moderators makes a reply to every post.

Old 05-03-2019   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Gaur

Don't go by the response to particular shot for making such a decision. For one thing, I think you have several better shots of a gaur elsewhere in this forum. This is more like a profile portrait of this animal and doesn't give an overall idea of what this animal looks like, and the animal is looking out of the picture. What I do see makes it seem similar to a domestic bovine, albeit the shoulders give a hint of its being a particularly muscular one. Your other images generally give a better idea of the bulk of this animal. Too little visual context exists to explain why the animal's neck is stretched downward as it is. The animal's lowered head in comparison to the horizon also leads the viewer to underestimate the huge size of these animals.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44269403
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Gaur

Thanks very much for the cc Alan. When I look at the bottom of the page there is almost always just one member & that's me. I am rather frustrated that an once active forum is now almost dead. But so are several other forums :-(

Gautam is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife »

Share this topic: