2019 Lunar Eclipse
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 14471388
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default 2019 Lunar Eclipse

Couldn’t be bothered photographing the whole sequence (done that before and it always looks the same ) —- but woke up and headed out into the street around 11:30 and caught the moon just about fully covered by the earth. The moon was directly overhead in El Salvador. I only had my 40-150 kit lens. 300mm equivalent reach isn’t very long, but I have a record of the event lol.

Instead of cropping in tight, I really preferred the inclusion of the starry sky - and an almost 3 dimensional feeling of the red moon against the black sky.

Robert Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019   #2
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 14471388
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: 2019 Lunar Eclipse

Being that I was awake and setup , I figured I might as well put the final two hours into capturing the remainder of the eclipse.

Old 01-23-2019   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: 2019 Lunar Eclipse

Very nice job on these... Worth staying up for I think.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Nature & Wildlife »

Share this topic: