designing a camera
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default designing a camera

Ok..
I am one of those people who is always working on some project. Homeade guitar amps. Homeade tripod (made of crutches). Right now I am.working on a pinhole camera made from a cigar box that will shoot 120 film (front off a minolta md 50mm lens, door peephole, flash mount, etc...) I am almost done. I need to know where to put the little red window for the frame counter though. I don't have a paper from a roll of 120 around so I was hoping someone could tell me (it is 645 btw)
I am sorry about the quality of the picture I am posting woith this thread. I just took it with the camera on my blackberry.
Thank you everyone

Judge74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 5692
Default Re: designing a camera

(Markings on Fujifilm) - From the top of the roll paper, there are 2 lines marking frames for 645....the fist begins 1cm in and goes to about 1.4cm, the second begins about 1.6cm and ends at 2cm.....I'm not sure if all films have both lines though...seems Kodak only had one as I recall.
[Mamiya RB67][50mm f/4.5][90mm f/3.8][140mm f/4.5 Macro][Ext. Tube #2][150mm SF-C f/4][250mm f/4.5]
[Minolta X-700][16mm f/2.8 Fisheye][50mm f/1.4]

flickr
Vedauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

thanks alot
Judge74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 341

Is it really a pinhole camera if it has a lens though? =)

Tools: Mamiya 645AFD w. Phase One P25, Canon EOS 5d mk II, Horseman LE 4x5, Mamiya RZ-67, Holga 120N, Polaroid 635CL, Brownie No.2, Pinhole cameras.
HuBBaTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic:

Tags
120, box, homeade, pinhole, project