New toy
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 15390
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New toy

Well just had to share my experience today. Got to go to a camera flea market today and wow was there a lot of stuff there. I was blown away by all the stuff. Lots of junk sure buts lots of older and really stuff. I was there for hours. As some of you know I was looking at getting a Bronica SQ-A because of the 6x6. But after walking around there for hours I went with something different,

I picked up a RZ67 in mint condition. Not a scratch or any signs of wear and tear on it. It looks brand new. Also ended up getting it with a 120 back, Polaroid back, 6x6 back, power winderII, and two mamiya-sekor glass 90mm and 180mm. So in the end I still get the 6x6 I was after.,

Now I know very little about this camera and mf but looking forward to learning and playing with my new toy. Now I just have to find the polaroid film. I also bought film but yet have figured how to load it..

Old 04-30-2009   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 23358
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: New toy

Congrats on a good find. I've been watching the RZ67's on ebay, but still too high for me, the Bronica will have to keep me happy for now.
Steve
popawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 300223

Yeah, definitely congrats on the Mammy! The RZ was the better bod in the line. I loved my Bronica's, but always wanted a Mamiya RZ67 for the rotating back. A great studio camera! The bellows focus made for much easier close focus work too as I hear. No extension tubes necessary to get the full face in the frame. One thing I didn't like about my SQ-a using the 150mm. The soft focus lens available was pretty cool too!
Old 05-06-2009   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 53
Editing OK?: Ask First

congrats dude!
fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #5
Dromedary

Thanks guys. Posted a few pics in the BW section tonight. I must say I am enjoying it. Pics are nothing special, just me excited to pull the shutter button. I have been doing a lot of reading and learning. I`m excited to put this baby through its paces. Did I forget to mention this thing is a beast. I love it. And the sound this thing makes,just love it.
Old 05-06-2009   #6
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 5692

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKore View Post
......this thing is a beast. I love it. And the sound this thing makes,just love it.
It's fun to read the wonder of a Mamiya virgin gettin' some! Brings back fond memories! The clunk of that giant mirror is something else!
[Mamiya RB67][50mm f/4.5][90mm f/3.8][140mm f/4.5 Macro][Ext. Tube #2][150mm SF-C f/4][250mm f/4.5]
[Minolta X-700][16mm f/2.8 Fisheye][50mm f/1.4]

flickr
Vedauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #7
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedauwoo View Post
It's fun to read the wonder of a Mamiya virgin gettin' some! Brings back fond memories! The clunk of that giant mirror is something else!
LOL
Old 05-06-2009   #8
Dromedary

Any tips, tricks, websites for this beast of MF in general please feel free to pass them on. I`m in sponge mode right now. Hell I might have to learn the darkroom stuff and set one up. The week turn around in my negs is killing me.
Old 05-07-2009   #9
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 236397

It's not a stretch to say your camera was probably the most favored for MF studio work,aside from a Hassy 6x6.With that in mind,sites w/info are numerous.One of the best is this one:
http://www.apug.org/ .This site is all things film.
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #10
Llama

CamelKarma: 41

If you plan on hand-holding this beast much, I strongly recommend getting the left hand grip. The RZ67 handles much better with this grip on it.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: