Hasselblad H1D
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hasselblad H1D

I was looking on the Hasselblad website and noticed they now have a digital MF.* B&H Photo has it listed for $21,995!* * I hope Hasselblad will make a poor mans version.*

DigitalPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 15
Default Re: Hasselblad H1D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhotography
I was looking on the Hasselblad website and noticed they now have a digital MF.* B&H Photo has it listed for $21,995!* * I hope Hasselblad will make a poor mans version.*
Don't hold your breath...
Old 08-05-2005   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 80

Have they ever made a poor man version of any of their good stuff? Nah, it is just something that those of normal budgeted slobs can drool over, but not too closely or we might slobber on the actual camera and have to buy it hence ruining any chances that our children can go to anything but a state school and have to avoid all the sport camps which ruins the chance that they will become incredibly wealthy when they grow up which means they won't be able to afford to let us live off them in a manner we'd love to become accustomed. Whew...that was a really long sentence! Oh, and btw...I actually have nothing against a state school. I went to one after spending 3 years in a private university trying to figure out what I wanted to do getting deeper and deeper in debt.

Sara
Old 09-08-2005   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 15

About the price of the H1, H2 with digital backs..

I am of the opinion that these camera's are well worth the price. While they are NOT ment for the average Joe, they are truely astonashing pieces of equipment that produce great work. For this very same work, people get paid big bucks.. a nice catalog shoot, or billboard ad for a medium sized brand can more than pay for an H1 and a tidy profit. Remeber that getting jobs has so much to do with the equipment. On the other hand, why not shoot film. You can still get into an H1 package for under 7000 and shoot amazing stuff with Fuji Velvia for example. You are still paying less than 1Ds Mark II which is a great camera, but still can't stand up to the medium format of the H1.

I don't know. I for one don't ahve the money yet. I have only saved up 15 of the 30 thousand for an H1 system with a leaf aptus back. However, I am patiently waiting for the new tool and the new opportunities that this cammera "may" bring. It's a shot in the dark, but add agencies in town would love to get their hands on 22mpixel files without having to hire a 10 thousand dollar a day big name chicago shooter. For me, it's a matter of patience, advertising, and getting the jobs that justify such expenses.
Old 09-08-2005   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 14

The new options are H2 (645 format 120 or 220 film backs or digital back), H2D (integrated digital). The backs are Ixpress (was Imacon) CFH back – 22MP for H2 (49x36.7mm = 5440x4080 pixels), Ixpress CF back – 22MP back for other cameras (with “I adapters”, that “fit most popular MF/LF camera bodies”).
Old 03-19-2006   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

wait til you see whats coming up this year !!! I had the Hassie rep over a t my place and he told me all about the new marketing. If youre planning on buying anythign id hold off>>>>JH
justicehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #7
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

The thing is that if you are a constantly working photographer, the repayments on a digital back should be less that what you would be paying on film and processing? In an ideal world of course...

allmono is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: