holga - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2006   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: holga

Howd you scan in your 35mm holga film?
Amaoricangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #12
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaoricangirl
Howd you scan in your 35mm holga film?
I have a Canon CanoScan 9900F flatbed scanner that will scan medium format film. I put the 35mm film in the slot where the MF film usually goes. I put it right on the glass of the scanner and placed the plastic film mask on top of it to keep it from moving.
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #13
Alpaca

do you know if your film holders are anything like the canoscan 8400f's film holders. I tried to put my 35mm in the medium format holder to scan it but no such luck. So you put the negs on t he glass, and then put the film holder over top?
Old 05-12-2006   #14
Dromedary

My film holders should be very similar. You tried the same thing I did at first, and you are correct that you can't just put the 35mm in the slot for the MF film. Try putting the film directly on the glass, then put the holder right on top of it, like you said.

If you get those weird "newton rings" when you scan, flip the film over and put the non-shiny side against the glass. You can reverse it in software later.

Scan it like it is MF and you can get the sprocket holes that way. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll see if I can help more. I think these types of scans look really cool, and they are worth the effort!
Old 05-12-2006   #15
Alpaca

Totally! I was bummed because last summer I shot a roll, but couldnt scan it in on my scanner, and everyone else I knew that was scanning theirs was using an epson.

Now I just have to track down where that film went.... or shoot new
Old 06-05-2006   #16
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 14

Speaking of "Holga" you can also get them from Freestyle Camera in California for about $19.95. These are fun little 120 film cameras.
Ted Austin/prophotoimages<br /><br /><br />Canon 5D, 20D + Various lens, 10D(IR'D),&nbsp; Pentax NX 645 Medium Format, Wista 4x5, Calumet 4x5&nbsp; monorail + Various lens<br /><br /><br />&quot;A bad day in the studio is better that a good day in the classroom&quot;.
prophotoimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #17
Alpaca

A new addition to the "Holga" line is that there is now a 35mm back for this camera along with a new polaroid back which takes the new 690 film.
Ted Austin/prophotoimages<br /><br /><br />Canon 5D, 20D + Various lens, 10D(IR'D),&nbsp; Pentax NX 645 Medium Format, Wista 4x5, Calumet 4x5&nbsp; monorail + Various lens<br /><br /><br />&quot;A bad day in the studio is better that a good day in the classroom&quot;.
Old 07-25-2006   #18
Dromedary

Interesting! Where did you hear about the new Holga backs? I might need one of each of those!
Old 07-25-2006   #19
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinbob
Interesting! Where did you hear about the new Holga backs? I might need one of each of those!
You can go to http://www.freestylephoto.biz/
Old 09-05-2006   #20
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 36

Really Cool Photos Latinbob

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: