PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Medium and Large Format (https://photocamel.com/forum/medium-large-format/)
-   -   does anyone shoot med or large format anymore? (https://photocamel.com/forum/medium-large-format/25573-does-anyone-shoot-med-large-format-anymore.html)

Phyllisva 05-27-2007 12:24 AM

does anyone shoot med or large format anymore?

Before digital everyone was saying how Med. Format was the way to go -- but now that digital has taken over - does anyone use their med/large format cameras ??

heartseye 05-27-2007 03:06 PM

Re: does anyone shoot med or large format anymore?

I still shoot some 4x5 stuff......for really high quality in a large print, or for the camera movements, these cameras still offer unique capabilities...I realize you can use a digital back with such instruments but my needs have been served adequately in film.

kgphoto 05-30-2007 09:46 PM

I get to play with a digital back for my 4x5 and medium formats in a couple of weeks. I just want to compare the files and prints from them compared to my 5D.

I still would shoot film, if the situation demanded it. Things like the need to make real BIG prints, or uncontrolled shooting conditions.

UnivModels 06-02-2007 08:41 PM

Shooting tommorow - with my Sony A100 - and taking my Mamiya 645 with & Fuji Pro160s, because I like backup

Blinky 06-02-2007 11:26 PM

I use a 4x5 with film to shoot fine art repro and the occasional large format print project. Mostly I use a D1x for magazine size print.

Mark McCall 06-03-2007 09:41 AM

One client, United Blood Services, still insists on 645 or square.
Haven't a clue why I still keep two bodies and a stable of Bronica lenses for ONE client.

Mr. Pickles 06-03-2007 09:54 AM

Latinbob on here still uses some "big stuff" too. I think there are still people who love the "film" look and it is a look that they (or anybody) can't get from digital. Some do it for the fun of shooting it. It is more a great hobby. Others shoot it for business. Like Blinky said, more for fine art and such.

It still has a place. It is still very valuable. It should stay and people should do it.

J.A.F. Doorhof 06-06-2007 05:46 PM

Mamiya 645AFD/II and Mamiya ZD back 22MP so yes I shoot MF now :D

Max@Home 06-06-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.A.F. Doorhof (Post 198833)
Mamiya 645AFD/II and Mamiya ZD back 22MP so yes I shoot MF now :D

HEYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news, when is/are the obligatory cat/dog pics ready for viewing? ;D

Honestly, it will take a tic adapting (and getting more biceps :) ) to feel '@Home' again, but I just feel you will...

Again Congrats! & kindest regards,

Max@Home

J.A.F. Doorhof 06-07-2007 04:47 AM

Well the cat pics are great but I can't post them, I have a cat with a lawyer and he is afraid of his portretrights.

My dog was eaten by the cat but those pictures were simply amazing, the best you ever saw.....

LOL
Will post some this night from Corine.