does anyone shoot med or large format anymore? - Page 13
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008   #121
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 236397
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: does anyone shoot med or large format anymore?

Anybody wanting to get into medium format cheaply should look hard at this brand.They had many accessories and the cameras were dependable and the optics were(are)good.Prices for cameras and accessories are dirt cheap in most cases.
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #122
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 56
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by my li'l pony View Post
Anybody wanting to get into medium format cheaply should look hard at this brand.They had many accessories and the cameras were dependable and the optics were(are)good.Prices for cameras and accessories are dirt cheap in most cases.
I think you left off a link or something.
Old 06-29-2008   #123
Bactrian

Certainly.For camera model reviews-www.tamron.com/bronica/slr_archieves.asp
For accessories:
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders
KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera or just google search.This slr brand is discontinued.
Old 06-29-2008   #124
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 56
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Quote:
Certainly.For camera model reviews-www.tamron.com/bronica/slr_archieves.asp
For accessories:
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders
KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera or just google search.This slr brand is discontinued.
I guess I wasn't clear, I don't know what camera you are talking about.
Old 06-29-2008   #125
Bactrian

Look for the 645 ETRSi,the SQ series if you like 6x6,or the GS-1 if you like 6x7.Bronica.
Old 07-14-2008   #126
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 22
Editing OK?: Ask first

I recently bought an ETRS and an ETRSi at the auction site along with a 40, 75 and 150mm lenses. Great cameras, and from what I've seen so far, the lenses are tack sharp.

You can get an basic ETRS with a 75mm lenses, AEII finder and 120 back for a good price. There are plenty of accessories available, too, although some of the rarer ones (35mm wide backs, extension tubes, bellows, etc.) can be a bit pricey.

I'm still getting used to using the ETRS (I think I've been spoiled by auto focus) but I really like it so far.
Ken_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #127
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 123
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
It isn't a "stupid" question. I think a LOT of new photographers really believe film is dead and gone. Some don't even know what a medium format camera is or looks like. And some believe their DSLR can outperform it in image quality. Those are different discussions though.

better to just post images from these devices and let people marvel at the ability of those who took the image. It isn't a click the shutter deal with these fine pieces of equipment.
I participate regularly on Yahoo! Answers, which, to my way of thinking, is great for cheap entertainment. There are all sorts of (stupid) questions, and a general sense of "film is dead." There are some questions regarding film, but by and large, the askers' attitude has more to do with digital photography. To their thinking, Photoshop is a panacea for "average," "below average," and "bad" photos, irrespective of the fact that simply paying attention to the details and learning about photography will help improve their photography, not reliance on a computer program.

Such posters' ignorance shows in their responses when they say something like "digital is superior," without offering examples where it would be. One person went so far to ask when they stopped making film! (I suppose you have to forgive them; they're usually either teenagers or young adults.)

I bought my Hasselblad about two and a half years ago; it supplements my 35mm Nikon, and to my way of thinking, each format's strengths outweighs the other's weaknesses. However, owing to various reasons, among which are my forty-year-old eyes and my glasses, I find myself preferring the Hassy because its larger image size has genuinely spoiled me!

Dieter Zakas
KarnyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009   #128
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 332
Editing OK?: Ask First

I certainly shoot a lot of digital, both small format (35mm) and medium format. But I still marvel at the results when I shoot film and do so as often as I can.

This was emphasized again when I got back these scans. Shot on my Mamiya 645AFDII, Kodak 160VC and roll scanned at processing. Almost no work in Photoshop but to size it down and some unsharp mask for online use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wendy_Lucas-065.jpg (89.9 KB, 151 views)
SecondFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #129
Llama

CamelKarma: 104162

Just bought my Hasselblad H3DII-39mp on Jan 2009, so happily new owner of a Medium Format now
Old 03-20-2009   #130
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 332

Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
Just bought my Hasselblad H3DII-39mp on Jan 2009, so happily new owner of a Medium Format now

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: