Should I sell my 645 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Should I sell my 645

WEll theres a rule...."if you havent used soemhting in the past year SELL IT" ....thats my FYI for ya >>>>JUSTICE HOWARD
justicehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First

I had a Pentax 645 and loved it. It was a class camera and even I was able to take class photos with it! But, lets face it - it is now "yesterday's camera" Sell it and move on. A modern digital of 8Mp or better can produce a brilliant A3 print and you have all the advantages of digital photo editing.

If you are sentimental - keep it. If you are 'real' then sell it.

Good luck Phideaux
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

It seems like its a good time to be a buyer, but bad time to be a seller if you have higher end MF gear. I've always wanted a Mamiya 645AF, but they were WAYYY out of my price range. I see them listed in my KEH catalog used for around $700 now. Still out of my fun money range, but a lot closer. Same with Hasselblads. It would be hard to sell one and only get a fraction of what you had invested originally. Thats why I never sell anything!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: