How do you make sense of the MF digital back system offerings?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 20
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default How do you make sense of the MF digital back system offerings?

Am I the only one who is trying to find a logical means of evaluating MF digital systems? I cannot seem to get started since at some point in the image creation chain of components; lens, camera, software or computer (MAC or PC) what seemed to be a reasonable choice just hits a brick wall.

See if this makes sense, or seems familiar - I need an auto-focus camera, I like Capture One, and I use a PC reviews of Phase One backs are generally favorable, but the only auto-focus cameras are out of business (CONTAX), nearly out of business (Mamiya) are sold to someone else whose plans are unclear (Rollie), or the model is discontinued (H1 and H2 Hasselblad) or their software only runs on a MAC.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Jerry Reed

Old 03-11-2007   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: How do you make sense of the MF digital back system offerings?

MF digital does need to get its stuff straightened out. Hopefully with the introduction of the Pentax MF digital we will get more shooters interested. The systems are cost-prohibitive now for anyone except working pros.

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: How do you make sense of the MF digital back system offerings?

At this point, the systems are cost prohibitive for many pros too. I for one am going to do my best to go to a medium format system as soon as possible. I'd love to have an affordable 10 Mp medium format digital back.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: