Hasselblad H5D-200c MS
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hasselblad H5D-200c MS

Hasselblad has raised the bar yet again concerning the capture of super high-quality images. The H5D-200c MS takes still-life studio photography to mind blowing moiré free 200 megapixel resolution.

Yeah, 200MP

Anyone got an extra $45K ?

IMPORTANT FEATURES
200Mpix capability with faster multishot capture sequence
50 Mpixel CMOS sensor with amazing image quality
Excellent high ISO performance
Longer shutter speeds up to 12 minutes.
Faster capture rate: 1.5 frames per second
Live Video with high frame rate
Much improved camera handling
Improved weather sealings

H5D-200c MS Datasheet

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 8600328
Default Re: Hasselblad H5D-200c MS

More cool info here , with pictures. (did not relize that the PDF has all of this detail)

Hasselblad unveils pixel-shifting 200MP H5D-200c MS: Digital Photography Review

Eero Makela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Hasselblad has raised the bar yet again concerning the capture of super high-quality images. The H5D-200c MS takes still-life studio photography to mind blowing moiré free 200 megapixel resolution.

H5D-200c MS Datasheet
I don't understand why they didn't put a polished wooden grip on it, the way they do with their re-badged Sony cameras. I doubt that it would have added more than $5 Grand to the cost, at most.
dougjgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

All they did was roll the multishot functionality into their newest Sony CMOS sensor back. Nothing particularly new or innovative. I guess it'd be nice to have the high ISO capability in a multishot capable back, but those two features are fundamentally on opposite ends of the photography workflow spectrum.

Multishot's workflow pretty much limits its applications to still life in the studio, though for its intended applications, it really shines. That said, I can't think of a photographer that I know that isn't now using either a single shot standard Phase One back or a Nikon D800E/D810.

I think Sinar is the only competition in this multishot field, and Sinar's last real update for their digital back products out ages ago. Things might change now that a Leica has acquired Sinar, but I haven't seen anything promising yet. Imacon was the other company that did multishot but Hassy bought them ages ago.
Old 12-04-2014   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 304
Editing OK?: No

Unless you are a super rich dilettante, you need to be making serious money out of your photography to justify buying one of these or a Leica S2 for that matter.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: