Super Ikonta II BX
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013   #1
EdG
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 31493
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Super Ikonta II BX

a recent addition to the medium format stable - 6X6 folding rangefinder with uncoupled lightmeter and Zeiss Opton-Tessar 80mm f2.8 lens

" A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. " - Irving Penn
EdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 77
Default Re: Super Ikonta II BX

Congrats.
alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158

Now loaded it up with B&W and do some shooting with it Just remember to advance the film : its a great zeiss
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2193768

Do you find the rangefinder accurate enough to use the lens wide open at 2.8? I've had the lower echelon Netter 6x9 w. Novar for a while and find the images very pleasing. So much so that over the last month I've picked up a Super Ikonta A (lens dates to 1934), and a Super Ikonta II C (around '37).

Haven't developed any film yet though. If anyone knows where to find a replacement spring for the front standard of the Albada finder on the "A" please let me know!

Here's a picture of the "A" next to a Minox to show scale, a 645 that literally fits into your jeans pocket ain't a bad thing. At 79 years old (the camera, not me), the only problem I have is that broken spring on the finder (it broke right after I took this shot :-( so I have to hold it up with my index finger.

File Type: jpg New 645.jpg (97.4 KB, 12 views)
alanbutler57 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: