Hasselblad users
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hasselblad users

Who uses a Hasselblad here? Maybe we can list our nicks. Maybe we can share interests.

List down your nick here. If you want to indicate what Hassy are you using, please feel free to mention it.
1. 6by6cm

Old 11-19-2006   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Hasselblad users

I'd love to be a Hasselblad user, but... I think I'm going to pay for my education first. =)

I might, however, buy myself a secondhand Hasselblad lens and jam it on my Nikons using an adapter. I've seen it done, and the results looked good to me.

I think my grandfather had one way back in the day before he switched to 35mm using Pentax, Leica, and finally Nikon.
Old 11-19-2006   #3
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane
I'd love to be a Hasselblad user, but... I think I'm going to pay for my education first. =)

I might, however, buy myself a secondhand Hasselblad lens and jam it on my Nikons using an adapter. I've seen it done, and the results looked good to me.

I think my grandfather had one way back in the day before he switched to 35mm using Pentax, Leica, and finally Nikon.
There are cheap Hassy bodies in ebay. You might want to check it out. I feel you'll be getting one soon. hehe

I'm also a Nikon user but I don't use my Hassy lens with my Nikon body. The adapter thing would be interesting.
6by6cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

If I ever get the adapter, I'll let you know how it goes. Not sure where I'd find it. =)

Quote:
There are cheap Hassy bodies in ebay. You might want to check it out. I feel you'll be getting one soon. hehe
Biggest problem is that they don't qualify as a "need", and we don't really work in medium format even in upper division. For class, 35mm and large format is king, while for work we're all digital. Some day, heheh
Old 11-19-2006   #5
Alpaca

Quote:
If I ever get the adapter, I'll let you know how it goes. Not sure where I'd find it. =)
Sure that would be great.

Quote:
Biggest problem is that they don't qualify as a "need", and we don't really work in medium format even in upper division. For class, 35mm and large format is king, while for work we're all digital. Some day, heheh
If you need extra dynamic range then you might want to consider it. But you have large format to cover that as well. Anyway, good luck to your Hasselblad lens purchase.
6by6cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 35

I am currently thinking of getting a used 500 EL/M with viewfinder, magazine and 80mm or 150mm lens.

What would be the bench mark price? Are these items reliable as used? Repair / maintenance costs ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers
KH
Old 12-22-2006   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 35

Just got the followings arrived:-
553 ELX
500 EL/M
150 f4 Sonnar

Have not tried anything with it yet. Will update you guys once I start getting used to these items.

Cheers
KH
Old 01-15-2007   #8
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I use a 203 FE with zeiss 110 f2, lovely camera!
ecalpemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #9
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 39355
Editing OK?: Ask first

I have a 503cxi with 2 backs (A12 and A24), 80mm 2.8 lens, PM5 non metered prism and waist level finder, Quantum Q flash w/turbo battery. Although I love this camera, I need to change over to digital. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm asking around $1450.00 for all.
hennysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 80

Hasselblad H2
P45+ Back

lecter is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: