Hasselblad users - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008   #21
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hasselblad users

Wow, those Hassy pictures are incredible. The sharpness of the CZ lenses is unreal. And that poor Mamiya shot would look great if it weren't next to the Hasselblad shots!

The digital back looks like it is working out well. I had to go back and see if you used it! They all look like film.

Good stuff, Michael!

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #22
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Excellent work Michael - I particularly like the lighting and framing of the still life of the bread/tomatoes and the vases. Unfortunately we'll never see the intrinsic value of the larger negative/sensor with such small images, but regardless they are very well done in themselves.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #23
Llama

CamelKarma: 104162
Editing OK?: Ask First

If talking about any kind of Hasselblad camera then i am a Hasselblad user with my Hasselblad H3DII-39mp.
Old 08-22-2009   #24
Llama

CamelKarma: 12115

I still want a Hassy or a Mamia style camera. Loved shooting with the old TLR (Yashica) and it did not present a problem for me.

TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #25
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 114

Hi everybody. This is my first post on this forum. My name is Voytek, I live in Illinois, North of Chicago. Regarding Hasselblad gear I have some experience. My first Hassel 500C/M I received few days ago, paying for set w/o lens (body, 2 backs -12 &16, waist level finder), all in mint condition only $135 including shipping. But I was hunting for such opportunity several moths. I have already Distagons 4.0/50, 4.0/40, Planar 2.8/80 and Sonnars 5.6/250, 4.0/150 (the best 150mm lens ever). I've bought them summer last year and was using with Pentax K10D. Well, I din't shot any picture with Hassel yet but I started medium format with Mamiya M645 and being digital immediately did fall in love with film. Mamiya with Mamiya-Sekor 1.9/80, Fuji Reala 100

Below samples were taken with Sonnar 4.0/150, Pentax K10D

and Planar 2.8/80, K10D again

In 3 weeks I will finish darkroom and I am going to shot with Hassel, Mamiya and Bessa folding 6x9. Wish me luck, please.
Best regards, Voytek
voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #26
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first

Hassy 500CM user here. Only use the 80F2.8 Plannar right now but find that's all i need. Before i start adding to that kit i need to sort myself a decent scanner!
chris78cpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #27
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 30264
Editing OK?: Yes

For film I have the old 500C/M and for digital I have the H3DII 39mp
Dratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #28
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5188665

I have been a professional Hasselblad user since 1969. I have cameras that I have purchased way back then and some newer ones as well. The great hing about the system, besides the fine engineering and great construction, is the fact that even older cameras can be upgraded with new bright viewing screens and work with most currently manufactured lenses. It is really a system that never becomes totally obsolete. Sadly enough film is becoming harder and harder to acquire at some local suppliers but even if it were to disappear, the though of a brand new digital back on my old "C" warms the cockles of my heart (whatever cockles are)

I was never a gear-head but I have invested heavily in Hasselblad gear over the years, This is mainly because I don't want to worry about equipment and prefer to concentrate on my photography- exposure, composition, focus, creativeness with confidence. My Hasselblads have never let me down. Of course I have spares on hand- even Rolls Royce motorcars can break down once in a while, but my cameras were allways easy to repair at fair prices.

Long Live Hasselblad! Ed
Old 11-06-2009   #29
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 42797
Smile Re: Hasselblad users

Have wanted to venture into this format for a log time but never had the time. Now I do, but the array of availability is a bit overwhelming to say the least. One back is $35.00, another is 1150.00?? Thought of of just buying one camera, complete with 80mm lens and hope for the best. Why the spread in the prices being ask for the backs? Something better than something else? Just trying to find a common ground here. Any hints, or links are welcome. As is PM. THANKS!!! Goal here would be landscapes, and my Granddaughter. Is there a focus problem with the Hassy?
Tusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #30
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1993

Newer Hasselblad focusing screens, called Acutte Matte (sp?) are much brighter than the older screens. The V system Hasselblad has remained pretty much the same since 1957. However, there have been many improvements and upgrades along the way. Older backs won't cost as much as newer backs, and there are also 12, 16, and 24 exp backs. So be sure you're comparing apples to apples. Lenses the same way. While some Zeiss formulas have never changed, there have been changes in lens coatings and in the barrel cosmetics, plus a new shutter which was introduced in the early 1980's in the CF lenses.
There is an excellent Hasselblad forum online, for which I am a member. Here is the link. Read some of the threads. You can post as many questions about the system as you like. There are many knowledgeable members, some experts.
http://www.hasselbladinfo.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136
Also, if you wish to date any Hasselblad camera, back, or lens, here's a website link that helps you figure it out. You will need a serial number.
Hasselblad Historical - How to find out when your Hasselblad was made
There are also sites which will provide chronological lists of body models, back models, and lens models. Things you need to know to buy wisely.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: