Hasselblad users - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hasselblad users

Quote:
There are cheap Hassy bodies in ebay. You might want to check it out. I feel you'll be getting one soon. hehe
You were right... I am starting to look at Hassy bodies.... didn't get the lens yet, but looks like that'll be forthcoming... =)
Old 06-23-2007   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpole View Post
Just got the followings arrived:-
553 ELX
500 EL/M
150 f4 Sonnar

Have not tried anything with it yet. Will update you guys once I start getting used to these items.

Cheers
KH
You will absolutely LOVE the 150 Sonnar. The only lens in the Hasselblad line I found to be superior was the 120 Makro Planar f/4...it is truly in a class of its own.

I sold my 553 ELX because it was too heavy. I like the 500c and 500cm.
student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007   #13
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888

The cool thing about Hassy's is that you can sync flash at any shutter speed. It is also much smaller, lighter than large format cameras and still gives you a huge jump in image quality vs 35mm.

With the prices they are available at now, it is silly to deprive yourself.
kgphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19298

let's see...

500c/m, 500el, 50 CF FLE, 80 Planar, 4 backs (mix of a12 and a24), auto bellows(for sale to finance a 150 CF), the usual set of Softar Filters, Polarizer, 2 prisms (pm90 and NC2), all the little toys and bits. (funny thing is that a friend was tired of moving the pelican case that all this is in and offered it to me for waay to cheap to say no to, as well as paying him when I can, as I'm going back to school in Aug and will be quite broke for a few years)

I like the hassy for out of the house/studio work, though if I need diversity in glass, the RB still gets to come too(way too much RB stuff to even list). Right now it's about a 50/50 split, though probably more in favor of the Hassies once I get a 150. (at least in places where it's more than a 2 min walk to the van.)

erie
epatsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #15
Llama

CamelKarma: 12115

Evil! This thread is evil. Trying to separate me from my $$$.

I've been thinking too, but along the lines of a Mamyia 645. Then a digital back at some point, if I win the lottery. Don't have or want a darkroom so development my own film is out of the question these days.

Great thread.

TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #16
Llama

CamelKarma: 62

H2 here ... just recieved my 50-110HC Zoom ... sweet glass, super freakin heavy LOL
bgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Just got a 500C, 80 Planar, A12, and prism finder. Still learning how to use it!
edhannon2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1993
Thumbs up Re: Hasselblad users

Just joined the group today. This is my first posting. I am a Hasselblad user. Been one since 1972. Currently I own a 501CM body w/PME51 prism, and a brand new CFV digital back. Lenses - 40, 60, 100, 180, 250 - all CF versions. Glad to see there are a few Hasselblad photographers on site.
michaelhcothran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #19
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhcothran View Post
JCurrently I own a 501CM body w/PME51 prism, and a brand new CFV digital back.
Welcome to PhotoCamel. We'd love to see some of your shots with the digital back, and film shots too, of course!

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #20
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1993

Thanks for the welcome, Bob.
For anyone interested, here is a link to some images I just posted this evening. 7 Hassy images, and one Mamiya thrown in!
Michael H. Cothran - PhotoCamel Photo Gallery - Free, Fast, Fun
Michael H. Cothran
"Begin each trip with a full tank and an empty bladder. And don't confuse the two!"

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: