OK, Looking for lenses for 8x10 Camera
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default OK, Looking for lenses for 8x10 Camera

Probably in the 360mm to 600 mm range, with about 450mm one of the ideal lengths. My preference is the #1 Copal Shutter and Sinar DB mounts, with electronic flash capability.

I am open to old style lenses as I may get an antique model one day, but as I am only testing the waters here for a new project, I don't want to make a large investment. The Film and Holders are crazy expensive too.

So if there is anyone out there with a deal on a few 8x10 holders, I am up for that as well.

Thank you all.

KG

Old 07-19-2012   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684
Default Re: OK, Looking for lenses for 8x10 Camera

going to be difficult to find a lens like that in a Copal 1. A Copal 1 is usually used up to about 210mm, or on telephoto designed lens up to maybe 360mm. Usually lenses of 240mm and up use a Copal 3.

With a process lens like the 300/9 Nikon you may be able to get a #1 shutter, but beyond that even process lenses usually need a larger shutter.
Old 07-19-2012   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888
Default Re: OK, Looking for lenses for 8x10 Camera

Tom,

Yes that is correct. I can find the 300-360 in the #1, but not the others.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: