toyo hood - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: toyo hood

Sorry for the late....

There are two pics of the hood mount i'm trying to find. I cannot find the correct screw for that.

langwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888

At first glance I would have thought that was a quarter 20 American or SAE screw size. I will see what I can find on my old parts and get back to you.
kgphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684

Still the closest that I can find to fit my 45G is 10-24 which goes in two turns by hand. However, my camera has an accessory shoe the the screw goes into.

The compendium mount has a cutout to clear the accessory shoe. Yours looks like it has a tripod bushing (1/4x24) at that point.

I guess it is possible that 2 turns is all the mounting screw is supposed to go in. Unfortunately, I do not have a hood to try the screw on with a nut to check.
Old 02-16-2013   #14
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684

Got a metric tap & die set yesterday, so today I can give the correct answer, at least for my camera.

M5 x 0.9

www.tomrit.com
tomrit is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: