MF rotating backs.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 14
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default MF rotating backs.

The Mamiya RZ67 has rotating backs, so you can go portrait or lanscape format without trying to operate the camera on its side. Are there any 645-format cameras that do this? (I am aware that some MF cameras are like overgrown 35mm cameras, and are quite easy to use on their side. However, these are mostly not useable in look-down mode).

JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19298
Default Re: MF rotating backs.

Sure,
An RB with a 6x4.5 back...

erie
epatsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 15

Rotating back is nice feature - ONLY avaiailable from Mamiya, AND ONLY on RZ & RB. I have an RB which I love, and I bought a 645 to get larger film loads.
Old 04-06-2007   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888

Too bad you just did't get a 645 back for your RB. Still have sync with flash at all shutter speeds, bellows close focus and rotating back. Heaven!

That being said, I went back to shooting Hasselbled. Just quicker and more convenient. Now I am getting into digital.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: