Hasselblad Equipment - Extensive List
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Hasselblad Equipment - Extensive List

I have a long, long list of Hasselblad equipment, which I want to sell.

The equipment has not been exercised, used for photography, or serviced for many years.

Should I list it for sale "as it" or should I have it serviced first, then list it for sale?

TIA,

"Life's been good to me so far." -Jersey Joe Walsh
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Hasselblad Equipment - Extensive List

It's really up to you. It may bring back more value if it's freshly serviced and ready to go, but you'd have to be able to recoup the cost of the service.

Old Hasselblad stuff, especially V system, is really in the dumps in terms of used value. You may be better off just testing everything and selling it as is, and let your buyers deal with the cost of getting the items restored to good working order.
Old 02-14-2012   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 56124

My advice is to sell it "as is"! Do some testing, on your own, and evaluate the condition of the pieces you're selling! Then advise the buyers of your concerns! Buyers will appreciate your honesty, and will be able to make an educated decision for themselves. Good luck, as the market for film cameras is small...but you never know...there are still quite a few film "afficianados" out there, so seek them out!
trapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #4
Vicuna

Very good advice.

What I think I am going to do is take advantage of the Hasselblad USA Service Dept "Check-to-Spec" offer. See - http://www.hasselbladusa.com/media/1...pec_update.pdf

They will notify me of any problems beyond the "Check-to-Spec" service and provide an estimate to repair. At that point I should be able to tell prospective buyers of any problems and cost to repair.

The Hasselblad USA Service Dept is only about 30 minutes from my home so I can avoid the packing and shipping hassle (no pun intended) and just drop off the equipment.

Thank you,

Old 09-30-2012   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 4961

Hello,

May I ask why you want to sell your camera equipment?

I would buy the zoom-lens 60-120 mm and a digital magazine. If I would need money to buy that parts then I would think about selling other equipment. In this way I would have a "new" digital camera.

I bought my first Hasselblad (2000 FC) in 1981 and I carried around 8 or 9 kilogrammes equipment with me specially in the Philippines. So I took a lot of shots there but now I became older and I don't like to carry always that heavy parts with me. (Naturally) I did not sold my Hasselblad tools but I use more and more the zoom-lens instead of Planar and Distagon-lenses. Now it is more light to walk. What do you think about this idea?
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #6
Vicuna

Wolfgang,

At this time, I have sold all of the equipment except for the following -

A16 S Film Magazine, S/N UU 231227, black finish, with slide, 30163

A24 Film Magazine, S/N UU 276198, black finish, with slide

500 mm Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* C f/8 Lens, S/N 6117398 with –
• leather carrying case
• rear cap
• front cap
• lens hood
• Series 86 Filter HZ (Haze)

I sold/am selling the equipment as I no longer do medium format photography and have not used the pieces for some years.

Old 11-21-2012   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1847
Editing OK?: No

I went through the same thing a few years ago. The Blad gear wasn't used for at least 5 years! I didn't get much for it and there was very little interest when I tried to advertise if for sale. I ended up taking it to a dealer and trading it on a Canon Digital camera and some cash back.

Even if you buy a digital back for the Hasselblad, it's more expensive than a new digital camera!
fotomarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #8
Vicuna

I still have the equipment listed above and it's collecting dust. Your success with a trade-in sounds like something I should consider.

Thanks.

Old 11-21-2012   #9
Vicuna

BTW, I sold most of the "long list" of equipment here:

Used Hasselblad camera and equipment sales.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: