Kowa Six
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012   #1
EdG
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 31493
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Kowa Six

walked into a little camera shop that I buy my 35 and 120 film from and uttered those dangerous words - "So, what's new?".

Couldn't walk away as the whole kit is in mint condition, recently been serviced and comes with a warranty.The icing on the cake- it gets me into a leaf shutter system economically.

" A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. " - Irving Penn
EdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Kowa Six

that looks awesome, post pics once you've ran a roll through it
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139
Editing OK?: Yes

Looks like a good find. I'm sure you'll enjoy the leaf shutters.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158

My wedding rig was a Kowa camera the with the removable back,so only needed to change back's instead of film during a wedding,enjoy very nice camera
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No

Wow, a blast from the past. I wanted to get into square format shooting but couldn't afford the Hsslbld or Mamiya so I opted for the Kowa Six System. Never had a regret. Wish I still had it at times.
heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #6
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 1445

Nice!... my second medium format camera was a Kowa 6, and I always wanted the Kowa Super 66 for the interchangeable film backs.

Another way to get into Leaf Shutter is to buy Bronica... ETRSi-645, SQ-A-6x6, and the GS-1-6X7. All the Bronica SLR cameras are Leaf Shutters and glass that rivals Hasselblad. Even the earlier Bronica S, S2 and S2a, used Leaf shutters.

Bronica inventory is large in the market and very reasonably priced. Tamron bought Bronica years ago and still services some Bronica.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: