Mamiya RB67 just purchased. - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011   #51
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4373975
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Mamiya RB67 just purchased.

THanks.
I'm giving several a shot, haven't determined a favorite.
Havent tried the Ilford 100 so I'll give that a shot too.
THanks again.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #52
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1988

Congrats on the Mamiya RB67. I just got one myself a few months ago and shot several rolls of film last week for the first time since buying it. (I bought it in Korea and was away from any means of processing the film). So far I love the Velvia 100 the most but it's probably not a good portrait film. I shot a lot of Ilford Pan F 50 but it's all coming out underexposed but I think it would make an outstanding portrait film with controlled light. So far I am LOVING my RB! I only use mine for landscapes.

Enjoy!

Nubz

Nikon D300s with a bunch of other Nikon stuff
Mamiya RB67 Pro SD

www.shortfingerphoto.com/Welcome.html
nubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #53
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2810
Editing OK?: Ask first

congrats on the RB, fine camera, will blow a high end digital out of the water, oh ya another good film to try in black and white if no one has said it yet, fuji acros 100, excellent film and very reasonably priced.
Old 11-01-2011   #54
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4373975

Thanks guys.
Gonna try them all if i can get a hold of them

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #55
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 415
Editing OK?: No

I just started an RB/RZ 67 section in the Forums. It's a place to post your shots and thoughts. Greg
Greg Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #56
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 8075
Editing OK?: Ask first

Jumping in incredibly late on the 120 in a 220 back issue. I'm not sure whether it would be the same in Mamiya backs, but I have been running 120 film in my Bronica 220 back fine. The back has been yielding nice and sharp negatives; I made a 16x20 print with one of my negatives, and it was incredulously sharp! The only issues I've been having comes down to winding the film up when I was done. Since the paper on its own is thinner than the film on its own, it initially winds, but then I have to open the back, apply pressure to the initial spool and then continue cranking. I haven't gotten any light leaks, so my method seems to work.
Old 04-25-2012   #57
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882
Editing OK?: Ask First

You did well, I have the RB67 also. Ed, I think that in the case of 220 vs. 120 that "IF" the film will advance with the paper backing the smoothly then the "film plane" will be the same as the paper is behind the actual film plane. The film should not come in contact with any obstructions if it advances smoothly.
Incidently in case you didn't know it already the basic body of the RB is all metal and the RZ has a plastic chassis. Not that you'll be dropping it or vending off intruders but just an observation. That and the fact that the basic cameras has no electronics and is fully manual portends it will last forever. I use Kodak because it's only one of two brands of film I can buy here in Colombia and I find my Epson 600 does a satisfactory job with the 6 X 7 film up to 11 X 14 prints.
Old 05-06-2012   #58
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 106270

I have an rb67. Using it for many years. Favorite color film Portra 160
Henrycrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #59
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19298

Oddly, as I have a few hundred rolls of film in the freezer at the moment, my RB has only been used the last 6 months or so with my Dicomed Field Pro scan back. The 6,000 x 6,000 pixel images are stunningly sharp.
epatsellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #60
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 29

I'd love to see some work done with the Dicomed Field Pro. Can you recommend any websites?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: