Anyone have any new projects in the works?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1758
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Anyone have any new projects in the works?

Just curious as there doesn't seem to be much activity at the moment in this forum. Too bad, as Medium Format is a extremely enjoyable way to view the world. As for me, I'm currently working on a personal project I'm calling "Recession", at least for now anyway. I've always been an admirer of Walker Evans and Russell Lee's work. I've been noticing similar-type images all around me for some time now, closed eateries and businesses, folks panhandling on steet corners, urban blight etc. and decided to start photographing it. I carry a Sony Cyber-shot with a Zeiss Vario-Tessar 2.8 zoom with me for scouting purposes and then go back when I have some free time with my two TLR's to get the final shots. This is an ongoing project and I'm in no hurry.

Old 01-04-2011   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Default Re: Anyone have any new projects in the works?

Come down to Miami and go to the beach. I see guys walking around with medium format cameras all the time. They all seem to be serious and to have an agenda...
Old 01-05-2011   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1758
Default Re: Anyone have any new projects in the works?

There's enough material around here to keep me busy/satisfied.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: