Mamiya Sekor 90mm Lens for RB67 Not Working!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Mamiya Sekor 90mm Lens for RB67 Not Working!

My RB67 works fine with the lens off. The mirror raises, the light baffle raises, all is functional with that. It's the 90mm Sekor lens I have for it that seems to be the problem. With the lens in place, the light baffle doesn't raise and give off it's great "thump" sound. I took the lens off and played with it manually -- the shutter does release, yes, but the turning mechanism that allows for the shutter release is...tough. It's not turning as easily as it should, so of course the camera cant lift the baffle cause it doesn't produce that much force.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? The lens was working great a couple months ago.

Old 11-01-2010   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Mamiya Sekor 90mm Lens for RB67 Not Working!

This might sound silly, but is it possible the lens needs to be lubed somehow? And if so, how much would that cost me? (Could I do it myself?)

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic:

Tags
mamiya rb67, sekor 90mm