4x5 Slide Film suggestions - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 104771
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 4x5 Slide Film suggestions

I have hundreds of transparencies, a great deal of them 4x5, and some even shot with one of my Graflex cameras I still love to take out and play with on occasion.

I have found that with a properly (ie not easily) calibrated system I have MUCH better results than with negs.

My source of transparency 4x5 comes from my freezer and is almost 20 years old now. I have not done anything for over 10 years and that kinda makes me sad. I do love the control and patience large format requires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrit View Post
These days it may be more what you can find, than what you would like. Looks like about $20 to $26 for 10 sheets, mostly 100 speed stuff. Personally, I do not see the use of 4x5 trannies these days. Negatives scan better, and prints are cheaper. In the old days the prepress people wanted trannies, now they want digital images.

I guess 4x5 transparencies will impress your friends...
Old 11-19-2010   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1259
Editing OK?: Ask first

Calumet have Velvia 50, Fujichrome Velvia 100F, Kodak E100G (and in 8x10), Provia 100F, and Kodak EPY 6118. Warnong, most of these say discontinued lines, so get in fast. Prices do not seem too outrageous

"In a world of magnets and miracles"

GearList / flickr (larger sizes) / MyBlog / MyZenfolio / MyRedBubble /
LightArt
Analog6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #13
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 273
Editing OK?: Ask First

I have shot a lot of Ektachrome 4 x 5 transparencies when I was working, but not lately.
I shot them for publications etc. I also made them for theatrical productions where they were sandwiched between thin sheets of glass and projected on to rear screen back grounds for stage and rear screens for film. The mounted transparencies were called SLIDES. Mr. BILL

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: