TLR Rollieflex GURUS
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010   #1
LA
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 356
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default TLR Rollieflex GURUS

I am thinking about selling my Rollie Super Wide. I am trying to find out how much it is worth. I have Googled and checked E-Bay, cannot find anything on the Super Wides. Can any one here direct me to a place or tell me about what it is worth?

I do know about Rollies, I have sold 3 so far, found alot of info on them, whiteface etc. But nothing on superwides. Thanks Larry

PS I am not a dealer, just selling what I do not use.

Old 02-26-2010   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5188665
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: TLR Rollieflex GURUS

Tha camera is not classified as a "Superwide" it is the Rolleiflex
Rolleiwide with a 55 mm lense which as a standard wide angle lense for the 6X6 format- the normal being an 80mm lens. There was also a Tlel-Rollei with a 135mm lense. Back in the old days, I had A regular Rolleiflex TLR and on of each of the special ones- the were great cameras if you can find one.

Here's a writeup for you:

The Rollei Wide and the Tele-Rolleiflex

During the 1950's lots of 135 cameras had the possibility to change the lenses. It was considered to make a changeable lenssystem for the Rolleiflex but such a system was never made. Instead Franke and heidecke made two special versions of the E-type : the wide-angle rolleoflex with a 55 mm Distagon lens en de Tele-Rolleiflew with a 135 mm Sonnar. Of the Rollei Wide around 4000 cameras were produced and of the Tele-Rollei around 8000 cameras.
In the end the production of these special models was stopped and one decided to design a whole new model : the Rolleiflex SLR (SLR = Single Lens Reflex)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rw1.jpg (37.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-26-2010   #3
LA
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 356
Default Re: TLR Rollieflex GURUS

[QUOTE=Ed Shapiro;952486]Tha camera is not classified as a "Superwide" it is the Rolleiflex
Rolleiwide with a 55 mm lense which as a standard wide angle lense for the 6X6 format- the normal being an 80mm lens. There was also a Tlel-Rollei with a 135mm lense. Back in the old days, I had A regular Rolleiflex TLR and on of each of the special ones- the were great cameras if you can find one.

Thanks for the correction Ed. I cannot find any of the Rolleiwides for sale anywhere for a price comparsion. My mother shot weddings and had 8 Rolleis. I only want to keep one for the memories, hence selling the rest.
I did find through my research that I had several White Face Rolleis and they are more valuable. Never understood why,same camera just different marking on the front plate. Thanks for your time Larry
LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #4
Photocamel Master

Default Re: TLR GURUS

Some folks think that PHOTOGRAPHERS are crazy but SOME camera collectors are oftentimes much worse. They will pay outrageous amounts of money on strange stuff. Just like rare or misprinted stamps- they command higher prices from philatelists.

Ed
Old 03-05-2010   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 287674
Default Re: TLR GURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Shapiro View Post
Some folks think that PHOTOGRAPHERS are crazy but SOME camera collectors are oftentimes much worse. They will pay outrageous amounts of money on strange stuff. Just like rare or misprinted stamps- they command higher prices from philatelists.

Ed
Just be sure to remember: philately will get you nowhere.

Sorry,

- Rick
Misc.: Other stuff, as needed.

Web: Los Angeles area photographer Rick Dickinson: CrayonPhotos.com.
Twitter: Follow photographer Rick Dickinson.
Facebook: CrayonPhotos.com.
RocketRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #6
Photocamel Master

Default Re: TLR Rolleiflex GURUS

Thats OK- I used to think that a philatelist was a dirty old man- sounded kinda like philanderer!

Ed

Ottawa, Canada
Ed Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: