Ektar 100 in LF
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 236397
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Ektar 100 in LF

For those interested or unaware,here is the article link:
Kodak Introduces New EKTAR 100 Film for Commercial Photographers .Happy Shooting!

Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Ektar 100 in LF

That is great news! With so many manufacturers discontinuing film, it's nice to hear of new emulsions for large format.

Bob
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5188665
Editing OK?: Ask First

God bless Kodak- they need a blessing because so may film users are cursing them all the time.

The have this new stuff in 35mm(? I think) but definitely in medium format and NOW in large format. Maybe this their present to all the film people who are still mourning the loss of Kodachrome and many other high-chroma and well saturated chrome and negative materials. From their cinematography department no less- WOW!

NowI can take my 8x10 camera out of the mothballs, well, unless the only make it on special order where we have to wait 6 months for delivery and order 1,000 sheets at a time.

I hope all of the folks who are allways complaining about lack of film choices actually step up to the plate and buy some of this stuff. At one time there were a few films with higher chroma values and contrast- Ektacolor and one of the Portra HC types- but they were generally NOT well accepted as being too contrasty and having insufficient shadow detail.

If they can't sell enough of the stuff the will turn around and say "I told you so" and discontinue it post haste!

My boxes of 8x10 and 4x5 are now on order and I just disinterred my 8x10 Karden and its lenses and lifted my Majestic Tripod off the high shelf and may have sustained a hernia in the effort- hey but ain't it worth it?

GO KODAK!- Well it is OLYMPIC TIME

Ed
Old 02-21-2010   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 341
Editing OK?: Ask First

if you tired of the 8x10 i might be interested in it

LF is soo much fun to shoot (im doing 4x5 right now). Yes it is slow, yes it is complex, but damn its more fun than shooting my digitals.

Now i just wish my clients would dare to let me shoot it and not just use it for personal work.

Tools: Mamiya 645AFD w. Phase One P25, Canon EOS 5d mk II, Horseman LE 4x5, Mamiya RZ-67, Holga 120N, Polaroid 635CL, Brownie No.2, Pinhole cameras.
HuBBaTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Medium and Large Format »

Share this topic: