Spring Flowers in my Yard - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Spring Flowers in my Yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Brilliant shots, gorgeous colours.

gautam
Thank you for such nice comments that I enjoy reading. Here are a few more spring flower shots from my garden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1S1X1.jpg (152.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg F2S1X1.jpg (161.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg F3S1X1.jpg (171.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg F4S1X1.jpg (148.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg F5S1X1.jpg (153.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg F7S1X1.jpg (183.3 KB, 18 views)
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #12
Llama

CamelKarma: 7284
Editing OK?: Ask First

All in the series are remarkable. What camera? Which lens? In this latest series, #4 appears to be natural daylight, with no fill light, Y/N?

An excellent presentation.
dwallace29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #13
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first

Thank you for the nice comments.

Most of these were taken with my "kitten camera", Canon PowerShot G9. I bought this camera primarily to take photos of kittens in close quarter, so it had to be compact.

I wish that I could change lenses. In the past I have used an added closeup lens that was made for my old G2. I like the optics on my old G2 better than the G9 but the G9 has a much better sensor.

Most ot the photos in this series are with various forms of natural light. A few are flash and a few include fill flash. Some of them were shot with the Av setting and some of them were shot on manual. Almost all of the darker flowers were shot on manual.

The 4th photo of the last series was shot with natural light.

All of the flowers in this series are ones blooming in my yard in late spring. There are many more photos of flowers posted in my gallery but not all are from my yard.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: