Blowing Tiny Bubbles - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009   #21
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Blowing Tiny Bubbles

I hate bug pictures, but these are very, very good.
Old 01-30-2009   #22
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 16
Editing OK?: Ask First

WOW now I really have to get a macro lens. And it's nice to see result made with a canon 40d since I have the same camera ! That lens is really sharp I never had a look at sigma before all my lens are canon but after seeing those result I will have a look for sure at sigma ! Thx again for the great photo ! Now it's going cost me money again ! LOL
Old 01-30-2009   #23
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 18901952

Thanks for commenting JDArt and Canon40D,, yes the Sigma makes a great macro lens, so does the Canon though too, there are things I like about the Canon to consider, the Canon doesnt extend when focusing, the Sigma does, however its not a major issue since your closest working distance is around 10-12", with the Canon you can push the shutter halfway to focus then manually focus from there with the focus ring, with the Sigma you have a switch to go between manual/auto focus, again not a major issue since 99% of the time I manual focus anyway, one point in Sigma's corner is it was about $100.00 cheaper than the Canon, which is why I bought the Sigma, optically they are about the same, just some things to consider when choosing a new macro lens,, Thanks again for commenting
Old 01-30-2009   #24
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 16

Cool thx for the info
Old 01-31-2009   #25
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1349815

wow jim more of your macro work got so used to your other pics i forgot about macro
lakejessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #26
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 18901952

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakejessup View Post
wow jim more of your macro work got so used to your other pics i forgot about macro
Randy ya made it over here huh Glad to see ya ta, its not macro season now, to gotta amuse myself with something ya know wont be long though, that ol heat will be kicking in again and so will the macro season and BUGS

Jimmy Buffett
jaharris1001 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: