A Couple of Charming Items
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 3714
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A Couple of Charming Items

We picked up a Canon EF50mm f/2.5 Campact-Macro today and had a little fun before it got too dark. Tried it out on a couple of Charming items!

File Type: jpg South African Charm 02-18-08.jpg (155.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 02-18-2008   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 19107
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: A Couple of Charming Items

These are nice Ken. I kinda like the second one best.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Aristotle
ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ
Bunny N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #3
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny N View Post
These are nice Ken. I kinda like the second one best.
Bunny (Big Mischief!!!!)

That first charm came from Munich (Munch-en) Germany. Out of 25 years with BMW I was over there 17 times. I would pick up a Stiff Stuffed Animal for our Daughter, a Dresden Knife for our son and a Charm for Annette's Bracelet. That little beer stien was a wonderful little creation and one of my favorites for Germany. I hve the bigger version as well!!! Cheers or Proust!!!!

The African charm was sent to me on a Card from TVL from South Africa and I love it too death!!!!! I would give my arm to go there some day! I hve some friends from BMW of South Africa and some others including PhotoCamel I would love to see or see again!!! The African Cultures are a favorite of mine to study. The people of Africa have not been given the credit for the great civilizations they had! Can you imagine going there and studying for a while. Wow!!!! I would hack the RV for the Money to buy some good extra camera equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

by for now!

Brother Bear
Old 04-05-2012   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 2271
Editing OK?: Ask first

I live in South Africa...........
John van Vledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #5
F1 Camel

John, Thank you so much for looking in on one of my older captures. I've been hanging around PhotoCamel for a while now and have made some great friends here. Also leaned more than I can ever repay to some of my mentors.
Like I said, South Africa is one of my hopeful places to travel to. I have friends there I've meet personally and some only on here or E-mails. To walk into one of their studios to say hi would be an unbelievable experience!! From my studing, you have a very divers country. Also, I see by your name, we might have the Dutch Ancestory in commen! Family on Dutch side were the Van Dusens! Thanks again and the best to you! May the Creator watch over you and your family! Dakota
Old 04-06-2012   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 36490107

Good shots- looks like the lens works well Ken,
Brian v.
LordV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #7
F1 Camel

My dear Friend - It sure has been aa while but I am coming back slowly Since the spinal surgery I an out of that darn wheel chair after 3 years and am able to walk some distance. Even started taking a few shots and putting them on FaceBook for old friends and family and will soon be ready to try my hand agian with the big boys like you. Since you were not just a friend but one of my mentors I am glad I am getting back into shooting again. Missed it a lot!!! My friend, please take very good care of yourself andmy the Creator watch over you and yours! DAkota
Old 04-06-2012   #8
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 23867847

Nicely taken

The younger

J-man is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: