Some recent
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 36389384
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Some recent

Beautiful shots Bev

Brian V.

Old 03-10-2019   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 23726024
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Some recent

Some recent shots....

This one with the monarch butterfly was to remind my friends to get their milkweed seeds into the fridge for winter stratifcation. The monarch sadly was euthanized last fall as it had OE

Entered the DSLR world in 2009
Nikon D7000, Nikon D5000 - Nikkor 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 G VR , Tamron 90mm, Nikkor AF-SDX 18-300mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Photoshop CS5
I enjoy taking local classes/photo shoots...always willing to listen and learn.
Taigen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244

Beautiful artistic work Bev
Old 03-10-2019   #4
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Beautiful artistic work Ben

Thanks so much Gautam, I realllyappreciate you looking and commenting

Nikon D7000, Nikon D5000 - Nikkor 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 G VR , Tamron 90mm, Nikkor AF-SDX 18-300mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Photoshop CS5
Old 03-10-2019   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 1802855

Beautiful, very artistic. The last two are my favorites. The next to last one would make an awesome glossy metal print.

"to trifle away their time, scald their Chops, and spend their Money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking, nauseous Puddle-water"

-- The Women's Petition Against Coffee 1674
laservet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019   #6
F1 Camel

[quote=LordV;2404302]Beautiful shots Bev

Brian V.[/QUOTE
Thanks Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laservet View Post
Beautiful, very artistic. The last two are my favorites. The next to last one would make an awesome glossy metal print.
Thank you very much, I'll have to look into metal printing.

Photoshop CS5
Old 03-11-2019   #7
Llama

CamelKarma: 1802855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigen View Post
Thank you very much, I'll have to look into metal printing.
Metal prints really make the colors pop, particularly when there are deep colors and some black in the image. Get glossy, the impact is dramatically greater than any other surface treatment. Be sure to get the small rounded corners, too, otherwise the sharp corners poke holes in skin and walls and can get bent if the photo gets bonked. The two photos with a tulip on its side would look awesome as metal prints. I use Bay Photo, but White Wall and several others do metal prints as well.

There is a big art show here twice a year, attracts artists from all over the country, using all kinds of media, and the last two times I noticed almost all the photographers there were exclusively selling metal prints, only a few were selling prints on canvas.

I had a big tryptic metal print made to put above the headboard of our bed at my wife's request. She's an artist, does acrylic painting and designs and makes jewelry, and I pick her brain for cropping images sometimes because she knows all the universal rules for composition. She picked one of my photos with a spray of fuschia colored orchids on a black background. The fuschia on black really, really draws the eye into the image.

Edit: That butterfly would make a great metal print, too. And your white background photos may work well as metal prints, too, but I haven't any experience with light backgrounds yet since all my bug and flower photos have black backgrounds.

"to trifle away their time, scald their Chops, and spend their Money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking, nauseous Puddle-water"

-- The Women's Petition Against Coffee 1674
laservet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019   #8
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laservet View Post
Metal prints really make the colors pop, particularly when there are deep colors and some black in the image. Get glossy, the impact is dramatically greater than any other surface treatment. Be sure to get the small rounded corners, too, otherwise the sharp corners poke holes in skin and walls and can get bent if the photo gets bonked. The two photos with a tulip on its side would look awesome as metal prints. I use Bay Photo, but White Wall and several others do metal prints as well.

There is a big art show here twice a year, attracts artists from all over the country, using all kinds of media, and the last two times I noticed almost all the photographers there were exclusively selling metal prints, only a few were selling prints on canvas.

I had a big tryptic metal print made to put above the headboard of our bed at my wife's request. She's an artist, does acrylic painting and designs and makes jewelry, and I pick her brain for cropping images sometimes because she knows all the universal rules for composition. She picked one of my photos with a spray of fuschia colored orchids on a black background. The fuschia on black really, really draws the eye into the image.

Edit: That butterfly would make a great metal print, too. And your white background photos may work well as metal prints, too, but I haven't any experience with light backgrounds yet since all my bug and flower photos have black backgrounds.

Thanks so much for all the information. I am in Canada so I will look into companies here that do metal printing.

Photoshop CS5
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12300

Very nice work. I really like the leaves. Are they flora or something manufactured?
stevendillonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendillonphoto View Post
Very nice work. I really like the leaves. Are they flora or something manufactured?
Thank you...yes, they are leaves with the flesh removed.

Don't walk behind me....I may not lead
Just walk by my side....and be my friend.

Photoshop CS5

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: