My tarantulas - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019   #31
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My tarantulas

Marvellous series of shots Paul
Old 03-10-2019   #32
Llama

CamelKarma: 1802855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Marvellous series of shots Paul
Thank you. I hope to get another couple of days added, up to the time it's ready to eat.

"to trifle away their time, scald their Chops, and spend their Money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking, nauseous Puddle-water"

-- The Women's Petition Against Coffee 1674
laservet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019   #33
Llama

My little 1" Brachypelma boehmei, Mexican Flame Leg, walled itself into its burrow mid December, hasn't come out since. Two times in the three months it has been in seclusion I've cleared the burrow opening and tossed down a mortally wounded pinhead B lateralis roach. It didn't eat, and immediately closed up the burrow again. I've kept the substrate moist since it isn't coming out to drink from its water bowl. It's in pre molt, should molt sometime within the next few months. Initially I was worried, it hasn't eaten in three months, but a couple of days ago it was in the portion of its burrow that is alongside the clear plastic side of the enclosure and I got this pic, doesn't look like it's suffering, abdomen is still nice and fat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tarantula Brachypelma boehmei-4078.jpg (236.7 KB, 14 views)

"to trifle away their time, scald their Chops, and spend their Money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking, nauseous Puddle-water"

Old 03-11-2019   #34
Llama

Day 5. Fangs are really starting to darken. I'll try feeding it Thursday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tarantula Grammostola pulchra Fangs Day 5 Natural-4092.jpg (210.2 KB, 11 views)

Old 03-12-2019   #35
Llama

Day 6. The little cuspules appear to be either bilobed or trilobed in shape, it's just at the threshold of resolution for this lens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tarantula Grammostola pulchra Fangs Day 6 Natural-4109.jpg (201.2 KB, 11 views)

Old 03-13-2019   #36
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244

Great shots Paul & behaviroul info
Old 03-13-2019   #37
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Great shots Paul & behavioural info
Thanks!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Macro & Close-up »

Share this topic: