Action it the dark
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009   #1
RLR
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 455
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Action it the dark

I was wondering if anyone could help me on what is the best way to get action photo in a darker room or setting?

Old 11-14-2009   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Action it the dark

High ISO with larger aperture (f/2.8, f/1.8, f/1.4, etc) or flash. What type of shots are you talking about? Night football? Indoor basketball? Your children running around the house?
Old 11-14-2009   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No

Unfortunately, a properly exposed image requires a proper amount of light to strike the sensor. Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO all work together to control the amount of light allowed in. As Steve said, you'll need to raise ISO and/or use a fast shutter speed in this case, depending on how much light is available.
Old 11-14-2009   #4
RLR
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 455
Editing OK?: Yes

Yes I was chasing around the my daughter at a Girl Scout dance last night and I was doing ok until they turned down some of the lights.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: