picnic coolers
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008   #1
pop
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 346615
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default picnic coolers

Had to do a shoot for a customer who required a picture of sweets. In USA you call them candies. A perfect job for a light box only I don't have one, but I did have a picnic cooler that had a matt white plastic liner. I layed the sweets out on a tray on the bottom, placed one flash inside and another attached via cable to the camera. First shot perfect.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-29-2008   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Left Brain Thinker

CamelKarma: 3017
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: picnic coolers

Hey pop,

Any shots of the lollies inside the esky that you can share? or a setup shot?

Sounds like an interesting approach and good work around.

Regards,

Peter

http://www.photocamel.com/gallery/da...lueChecker.jpg
peterst6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #3
pop
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 346615
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: picnic coolers

G'day mate;
Not sure about the pic. It was done around the middle of last year.
The lollies ( M&M's ) were placed into one of those small chinese food containers. I have a Canon 1dsmk2 and 2 X 580EX flash units and as I said it was a simple matter of using ETTL to fire them. I had to use a cable from the camera or the flash would have fired into the floor outside the ESKEY. Lens used was a Canon 24-70L
We going to have coffee at Maccas, Circular Quay when you get back?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: