Lighting Coloured Gels
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 40
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Lighting Coloured Gels

Hello, recently I got a lighting kit for portraiture work and trying to find a place that sells coloured gels that I can just get and peg it to the front of the flash unit for background lighting.

Does anyone have any recommendation where I can get them in Toronto, Ontario, Canada? Vistek and Henry doesn't carry those loose gel sheets. I saw some on eBay... but just wondering if there are any lighting supply store locally.

Thank you.

Old 02-15-2008   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 591
Default Re: Lighting Coloured Gels

I'm not familiar with retailers in Canada. But you might try the Rosco web site to see if they have dealer listings: Rosco US
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4385

I buy all my gels from Vistek. They have a cabinet at the front of the store on the first floor... in the film department.

You could also try headshots on Dundas.

Glenn
grsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 40

Thanks for the feedback JohnC and grsphoto. I'll check vistek the next time I'm there.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: