Attention: Mark McCall-Metz Flash and large group photo
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Attention: Mark McCall-Metz Flash and large group photo

How "large" of a group is too large for the Metz flash....20? I have a session that will be in a "hunting lodge" as the client called it so I am assuming it will be dark and was wondering if I should use a couple ABs instead. I am just more comfortable with the Metz but I thought I would ask here first.

Old 12-12-2007   #2
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 34
Default Re: Attention: Mark McCall-Metz Flash and large group photo

What Metz?
What time of day?
Are there windows to let in light?
If you had been a Scout you would have known the answer: Be Prepared!
So take the AB's too. And 1 or 2 large reflectors.
Can't you do a recce of the venue?
W.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32
Default Re: Attention: Mark McCall-Metz Flash and large group photo

I have the Metz 45CL-4. The time of day is 3 p.m. I have to scout out the place before I know what there are for windows and layout. I just got the call today but I thought I would ask the great folks here first before I panic....LOL, no really just planning my options.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: