PLEASE HELP!!!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 336
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default PLEASE HELP!!!

My friend just bought a Speedlight 736A/SDN for his Sony cybershot DSC585. The only instructions that came with the external flash basically says "just attach and it will work". The flash will not work when taking pictures. The original camera flash will work but not the external. Is there a setting somewhere on the camera we are missing? Thanks you guys in advance

Canon 20D
Canon 40D Wooo Hooo
Canon 50mm 1.8
Canon 70-200mm IS
Jandybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #2
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 93884
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Look for a port that is calledACC that where you wire the flash in to the camera.
long as the Flash came with a mini cord.
do not force it in if it don't fit.
PS I googled for the flash are you sure that is the correct model as I can't find it any where as the numer don't even match.
I checked at Nikon. Zilch
Is it possible that he may have bought the wrong flash for the camera?
Just A thought.
Old 12-05-2007   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 591
Editing OK?: Ask First

I cannot find information about either product. Are you sure the camera isn't the DSC-S85?

The closest flash I could find is the Sony HVL-F36AM, but it appears to be for the Sony A100 DSLR. The description doesn't mention other Sony cameras.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 336
Editing OK?: Yes

it is actually the s85, i apologize hey thanks for the help guys, i went online and found the manual and we got it working. i hope i can help you sometime too!

Thanks again!!

Canon 20D
Canon 40D Wooo Hooo
Canon 50mm 1.8
Canon 70-200mm IS
Jandybean is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: