Inexpensive lighting kits - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007   #11
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 22449
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: To do it on the cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpcrowe View Post
No longer available NEW but, frequently found on eBay at around $50 each.
Wow. I would grab these at $50 each. Really. I had the 5,000 models for years and they are an excellent value!! They don't have all the features of the higher-priced models but they have modelling lights and as I recall measure in at close to 200 ws. I sold mine at more than $50 each.
deluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #12
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 313787
Default Re: To do it on the cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluco View Post
Wow. I would grab these at $50 each. Really. I had the 5,000 models for years and they are an excellent value!! They don't have all the features of the higher-priced models but they have modelling lights and as I recall measure in at close to 200 ws. I sold mine at more than $50 each.
There are two available on eBay right now.

There are also flashtubes available for the 5,000 and 10,000 units which is comforting but, I have used my units for zillions of shots and they are still going strong.

With an umbrella, they give some very soft lighting.

Richard Crowe
Escondido, California
richardpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 47
Default Re: Inexpensive lighting kits

first lights i bought were cheap ones like this. They were pretty much useless. Get the alien bee's and save yourself the headaches.
swampthing1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #14
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Interfit 150A or the newer 200 with digital readout is a very good light system for a begginer or home kit and it's very strong enough for portrait shots. I have the Interfit Stellars 300 kit with two softboxes and I have been very happy with them.. I also sometimes use them with umbrellas.. I love it. So do not hesitate to buy it.

Mufutau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanedan View Post
I know a lot on here praise the ABs but I was wondering if anyone had these Interfit lights - Amazon.com: Interfit Photographic EX 150A, Two 150 watt second Monolight Home Studio Flash Kit with Stands, Softbox & Umbrella: Camera & Photo

And if so what they thought of them.

Now for a little bit of a possibly dumb question, what is the difference between 150 watt second and 300 watt second lights. Other than the obvious 150 watt second difference - what does it actually mean in layman's terms.

Thanks,

Dan
mufutau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #15
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 6058
Editing OK?: No

I'll add another plug for the old White Lightnings, I have used a 10K since the early 90's, I've lugged it all over the place and it keeps on trucking. You might keep an eye on B&H's used section as well as ebay.

Have Fun,
Wm.

www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com
StinkyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: