Is This A Good Deal? Any Help Would Be Nice...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19890
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Is This A Good Deal? Any Help Would Be Nice...

FROM LOCAL AD

$350.00
studio equipment. 2x 300ws, 3 stands, remote slave, softboxes, etc!
Oct 10, 2007
You are looking at a complete professional strobe monolight studio set at a great price. I have only used it 2 times, but most of my work is outdoors and I just don't use this. It is so easy to use. It will flash with the radio slave, pc sync, or it will even flash with your on camera flash. The strobes are fully adjustable from 1/4 strength to full strength.
You can take studio quality images with any digital camera or film camera anywhere such as weddings outdoor or indoor, portrait, e-commerce images and much more. It provides a powerful 600 w/s of light. It is light weight and easily transportable. It is suitable for professionals and amatures. Flash tube is made by Germany PerkinElmer
Specification on 300w strobe flash:
Flash Power 300 ws TOTAL 600 ws Flash tube life 10000 + flash Power setting Adjustable dial Recharge time 1-2 seconds Color Temp 5600k daylight Sync cord Included (15 feet ) Modeling light 150 watts with build in cooling fan Test Button Yes Slave sensor Yes (100 feet ) Power Any 110 AC outlet Accesories power cord, reflector( 7" ) and modeling lamp

This auction consist the following items
2 - 300w strobe flash total 600 ws
2 - professional 60x90cm softboxes with speed rings
3 - shoot through umbrellas
2 - Professional heavy duty light stands 8.5' full extended and folded 38"
1- extra stand for attatching your own flash, great for backlighting
1 - Wireless radio slave
2 - sync cords
2 - modeling lamp 150 watts
*I paid $799.99 for this, but I could really use the money so this will

Old 10-13-2007   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2943091
Default Re: Is This A Good Deal? Any Help Would Be Nice...

Hard to say without knowing the brand. 150 watt modeling lights is not very bright. 8.5" Stands are short and the 60cm x90cm softboxes are too small. Doesn't say what size the umbrellas are.

Sounds like more of the cheap Chinese imported lighting from Ebay vendors. Save your money for the real thing.

"To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards." - Dan Walsh

" Enjoy every sandwich!"

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19890

I Think You Are Right. I Dont Know What To Look For - What Would A Good Kit INCLUDE?
Sportsshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 1685

Brooks - I think it reads 8.5 feet. I may be way off base but most modeling lights I've seen are about 75 w. So 150w would be pretty bright.
Sportshooter - For the price you pay, if you don't like it, sell it for $500.

happusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2943091

Quote:
Originally Posted by happusa View Post
Brooks - I think it reads 8.5 feet. I may be way off base but most modeling lights I've seen are about 75 w. So 150w would be pretty bright.
Sportshooter - For the price you pay, if you don't like it, sell it for $500.
Brian, yes I know those light stands reach 8.5 feet. the " was a typo on my part. 8.5 inch light stands would be pretty short but handy for a background light.

Even at 8.5 feet, FULLY extended, that's not very tall and to reach 8.5 feet it has to be extended all the way to "shakeytown" ! A 13' stand is much sturdier and will safely support weight.

All professional studio flash systems have a modeling light that's at least 250 watts and even 250 watts can be pretty dim on location in a bright room.

Sportsshooter, look at Speedotron and Dynalite for American made lighting and Profoto for European lighting.

"To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards." - Dan Walsh

" Enjoy every sandwich!"

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: