QuickStand for Metz
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default QuickStand for Metz

Mark, I had seen in a previous post that you use the QuickStand for your Metz right?? If you do is that the 8 foot stand? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-13-2007   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1439
Default Re: QuickStand for Metz

You'd want to be able to tilt it as well.

I am using one of the standard alien bee stands (13') light stand. It's very light and with as little weight as the Metz 45, I am not concerned about it falling over and I'm not going to go very high with the flash.

I am about to order this though...

Crane Multi Bracket for Metz 45 and 60

Julio
Old 05-13-2007   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32

Thanks Julio! I like the idea of that bracket. I could probably make something similar but by the time I have materials and my time into it I would probably have about the same amount of money so I think I will add that to my list also.

As far as the light stand I was going to get an alien bee stand but then I noticed Mark had used the QuickStand so then I wasn't sure which way to go. Is the alien bee hard to maneuver around?? I think the QuickStand folds up when lifted and extends out when set down. This; however, would be nice when working around church pews.....hhmmmm decisions, decisions....
AJW390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1439

I'm only using the bee one because I don't have to spend any more money.

The quickstand is nice though.

Julio
Old 07-12-2007   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 22

Someone post a photo of a Metz 45 on that Crane MB-3 Bracket.
I'd like to know how to hook things to it.
Please!
Thanks!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: