HSS strobes at night time events - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 793162
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: HSS strobes at night time events

I happen to be looking at the Einsteins. But first I am going to try to use Hyper sync with a PocketWizard mini tt1 I got cheap with my current strobes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike67 View Post
The take that I got from the Buff article is that halving the power of conventional units actually increases flash duration, and, thereby motion blur, whereas halving the power of the Buff units dramatically decreases flash duration. Still, half power is half power.

I think one of these at half power with a short burst at 320 ws would still outperform any HSS., especially with a narrow focus reflector.

This IGBT CONTROL only applies to their Einstein units, not the others.
Old 06-23-2018   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 793162
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: HSS strobes at night time events

Ok I got my problem fixed I picked up a Pocket Wizard mini TT1 to fire my pocket wizards Plus X. Reprogramed the Hyper sync to fit my 1D I can now fire at 1/1000 sec with no darkness top or bottom of photo. Thank you all that have commented on my post.

BlueMax is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: