Using flash at slow shutter speed - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017   #11
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2193768
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Using flash at slow shutter speed

I'd meter the scene using an incident light meter, decide what shutter speed I needed to blur the water, set the flash for the aperture indicated for that shutter speed on the flash and the camera. Maybe cut the flash back just a little to taste. Be sure the flash is the correct distance to the subject to deliver the correct aperture. Oh, I'd set the flash and camera to manual also.

If the ambient is too bright you might consider a neutral density filter or setting the camera to as low an ISO as possible.

Otherwise,
If you can work with flash attached directly to the camera check out the auto fill flash options, on the D300 with the Nikon 800 flash works pretty nifty for me.
alanbutler57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017   #12
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 323038
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Using flash at slow shutter speed

Thanks for the advise

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: