Flash
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Flash

Just found this site last week and WOW am I having fun. We have a small catering business and I get to go to alot of wedding receptions. I see photographers using there flash inside and outside. What determines when to use flash and why?
Thanks

Old 02-23-2007   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Flash

There just isn't enough quality light, plain and simple. Ironically, I use more flash outdoors than indoors.
Old 02-23-2007   #3
E
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 822995
Editing OK?: Yes

Outside flash is used to fill in the shadows. Insdside it's used to bring up the over all light level. SO outside if you see harsh shadows and/or dark eye sockets then use a flash to get rid of that shadow. Of course there are other ways to do this with out a flash.
E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1033
Editing OK?: Ask First

I often use flash outside, especially when I want separation from the background and/or when there's backlighting.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: