Off camera digital flash--HELP - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Off camera digital flash--HELP

A better camera? Probably not the solution. A better flash unit? Absolutely. You want to have the ability to use ETTL flash metering, along with manual control for more consistent situations. Sigma, Metz, Quantum, and Canon all have excellent products with this capability.
Old 02-16-2007   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First

I am so TOTALLY in the dark about this stuff. Can you recommend one for me? What kind of features do I need to look for?

Thanks, Debbie
Old 02-16-2007   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

Canon 430EX is what I started with. Even though I have two 430's and a 580, I generally still use a 430 on a bracket when I am shooting candids.
Old 02-16-2007   #14
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First

THANKS!!!!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Debbie

dvperrin is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Lighting Technique »

Share this topic: